Saturday, August 22, 2020

MY MEMORABLE JOURNEY TO BRING GANESHA HOME.....:- Sanvi Prashant Mohite

 

MY MEMORABLE JOURNEY TO BRING GANESHA HOME

I clearly remember last year’s Ganesh Chaturthi when I visited my native place, Kolhapur, where my grandparents stay.  On the day before arrival of Ganesha, I got very excited on hearing from my Aajoba that I can choose a Ganesh idol of my choice.

We visited potter’s house to choose the Ganesh idol. The idol which I liked most was the one who was sitting on a golden throne, wearing a shiny red vastra with an modhak in one hand, a weapon in the second hand, a lotus in the third hand, and the fourth hand for blessings.

          W­e came back home and started decorating the place where Ganapati is going to sit. We decorated the place with leaves, flowers, and peacock feathers as the theme suggested by my Aaji was nature. I went to bed thinking of what I will be wearing the next day to welcome Ganapati.

The next day I jumped out of bed smelling the aroma of modak which Aai was preparing. I got ready in no time to welcome Ganesha. I and my little brother were hopping and popping in eagerness as we walked along with my Baba and Aajoba while going to collect the Ganesh Idol. We became very delighted to see our chosen Ganesh idol between the many others.  Seeing our Ganesh Idol, I & my little brother started shouting “Ganpati bappa moraya…. Mangal murti moraya…”

Sanvi Prashant Mohite

Age: 8 Years





Ganesh Murthi and Decoration



Going with Aajoba to collect Ganapati

 

No comments:

Post a Comment